Tuesday, October 16, 2012

secrets.


Little secrets about yours truly....
(at 3am)

Dylan always asks me to tell him something about me that he doesn't already know. 
It takes me a good 5 minutes, at least, to try and think of something he doesn't already know.
I've already told him all my embarrassing poop stories..
Yeah, ask me later. 
Anyway, it got me thinking.
What are some things people don't know about me?
Well, here's what I came up with...

1. I am probably as far from domestic as you can get. When your favorite thing to do is go out to eat how in the world are you expected to cook?? It's just not fair. I have so many friends who are like Chef's in training or something, and make these gourmet meals EVERY dang night...how am i supposed to compete with that!? Aint happenin'. 

2. I don't shower. like ever. no seriously, ever. (Ok maybe twice a week at max) I have no idea how people can't smell it. Maybe they can and they're just trying to be nice...I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's been like this my whole life but before I was married I actually had an excuse to do it.....cause really, who's going to date a girl that smells. No one. So Dylan, I'm sorry you didn't know what you were getting yourself into. 

3. I have the WORST spending habits. If you want to know where I am on my days off just look for me at either Target, Marshalls, or Old Navy. Oh and Goodwill! My justification is at least it's cheap! It doesn't matter what I buy either...a chair, shirt, pillow, food...anything! It's a serious problem I am working on. In fact, just yesterday I went to target to waste some time before church. I had 2 lamp shades and garlic bread in my cart as I rolled down the aisles snacking on the chicken tenders I got from the bakery when I realized...what am I doing!? And right there, in the fame section, I dropped everything and walked out. That's right. I had self control for once in my life! Those poor workers probably hated me.

4. I sometimes dread the question, "Hey can I ask you something?" Those words, I've learned, are usually filled with even more questions and I immediately know where the conversation is going... "What happened to your legs?" Then my hate for awkwardness immediately replies with "Well...it happened when I was little..." and begin to explain the story. Don't get me wrong, I am forever grateful and beyond blessed to get to tell the story but sometimes I just don't want to be reminded that it's noticeable. 

5. I have become a part time-homebody. I absolutely love being home. Maybe because I never had a "home" of my very own before, or maybe because I used to always be on the go, either way when I am out sometimes all I can think about is my comfy bed and a good Netflix show. Does this mean I am getting old??? Wahhh! Oh well, I love it! 

So there ya go, 5 things you may...or may not....know about me!

xo



3 comments:

  1. I love this a lot. #5 makes so much sense to me now when you said that it might be because its your very own home. Ever since we've been married I've become more of a homebody too! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I can feel you on the shower thing. Don't get me wrong - I do shower - but it feels like a chore! My husband would be shaking his head at me right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a homebody too. Trish your not alone. Aaron and I love being at home ; ) This is stefanie p. by the way ; )

    ReplyDelete